Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Is One A Lonely Number?

One is the loneliest number that you'll ever do Whoa-oh, worse than two...

Remember that Three Dog Night song? It's pretty simplistic. I have several good friends who are single and they live wonderfully full lives. In fact, I was once single myself for almost a year. I liked it and planned to stay that way.

But then Dave came along. We're still trying to figure out this numbers thing.

Yesterday we had our photo taken for my church directory. We had to decide how we'd be listed and which last name would go first. Since it's my town and my church we decided on mine. We'll do it the other way at his church in Minnesota.

Besides my last name is at the front of the alphabet. His is toward the rear. I think there's an advantage to being close to the top when people are trying to look you up. Just ask the folks at AAA.

After we got home I filled out my census form. More decision making! Finally decided that I'm the #1 person in my household - and there is no #2. How sad. But Dave's primary address is Minnesota so he'll be the #1 (and only) person in his household.

Actually, at our age, we're fine with how things are. I love being called by his last name occasionally but I hardly ever sit around and scribble "Mrs. Dave" on my notebooks.


***