Monday, March 22, 2010

I Can See It From Everywhere!



This building sits on Interstate 4 about 3 miles north of my condo. It's famous in Central Florida. It's called the Majesty Building but a lot of central Floridians call it "The mistake by the lake."

It was started in 2000 by a Christian radio station. Their goal was to build only as the money was raised.

It seems like a worthy goal on the surface but I've read that the 40 million dollar building will cost millions and millions of dollars more due to taxes and whatnot caused by the delays.

And, 10 years later, it's still not finished. It's an 18 story empty glass shell sitting all alone on a dusty weed filled lot.

And here's what drives me crazy. I see it all the time. Of course, I see it every time I get on the interstate, just as millions of others do. When I'm swimming in my condo pool and look up to take a breath, there it is. I see it from the mall and most restaurants we visit. I see it every step of the way around our 2 mile Cranes Roost Lake walk.

Last week we were in Apopka. That's another city!!! As we turned onto 436 heading home, there it was, looming ahead.

It makes me sad.