Thursday, March 19, 2009

Enough Is As Good As a Feast

As you know, I'm in the midst of teaching a class called "Enough - the Joy of Simplicity and Generosity."

I'm also taking the same class on Wednesdays at noon.

But it's very different.

One of the big differences is that the people in my class are older. The people in the Wednesday noon class are mostly younger professionals.

The discussion is very different.

Yesterday the most interesting thing I heard was this quote from Mary Poppins.

Enough is as good as a feast.

In this Wednesday noon class we have lunch. Yesterday we had these delicious giant stacked deli sandwiches as part of a boxed lunch. My boyfriend leaned over and said to me,

"Are you going to eat the other half of your sandwich?"

No, he didn't want it. He wanted to wrap it up for me and save it for dinner. But I declined. Despite the fact that I was stuffed, I ate the other half.

I was pretty miserable for the next couple of hours.

Wish I had listened to the wise young woman who quoted Mary Poppins.

Enough is as good as a feast.

They are words to live by.


***