Saturday, December 3, 2016

Dave and Brad

My Dave likes Brad Pitt.  I think it's mostly because Brad's from Missouri and has a passion for architecture.  Dave is from Kansas and has a passion for architecture.

I'm not sure how much Dave knows about Brad's acting career or personal life.

But when Brad got mixed up with Angelina Jolie, Dave was not happy.  Years ago, when I asked him why, he said "Brad's so wholesome and clean cut and she is just weird."  Since Dave rarely says anything bad about anybody he later said he wanted to change that "weird" to "different."  But if we look at the dictionary definition of "weird" and see unearthly, uncanny, fantastic, bizarre and then think about Angelina, it seems about right.

Almost all that Dave knows about Angelia is that she wore that vial of blood belonging to Billy Bob Thornton around her neck when she was married to him.

Recently, due to a strange set of circumstances which he did not initiate,  Dave started receiving Star magazine.  It comes often.  So he is now reading about the big breakup and believing every word of it.  When he reports his concerns about Brad I have to stop and think, Brad who?  then remember he's been reading the Star.

This week's cover story features Brad and Kate Hudson.  Dave just said to me at lunch, "I think Brad will be much happier with Kate."  I said,

"Hope so."


***