Sunday, October 30, 2016

Panua

Kenya kids who are heads of households
About 15 years ago a woman in my church came home from a trip to Kenya and couldn't stop talking about it.  When I heard her speak I said to the person next to me "We're going to Africa."  I didn't mean me personally.  But I've gotten to go vicariously many times since then.

Our church has a phenomenal ministry in Naivasha, Kenya.  If you want to know more about it look up Panua Partners in Hope.

Cess and Johm
I love that, at this church, you can be part of life changing experiences - no matter your age, your sex, your wealth, your politics or your theology.

We've just had a full week of celebrating Panua.  Yesterday morning Dave and I, and about 250 other people, participated in a Panua 5K Run.  It was so much fun!  Full disclosure - Dave and I didn't run.  We
walked.  I walked fast.  Dave held back a little because he wanted to walk with our friend who had some breathing issues.  Folks were congratulating Dave because he was the oldest participant in the 5K.  But it's no big whoop because we walk three miles every Saturday morning - but not for an amazing cause and not with hundreds of friends.

What a wonderful and  amazing morning.  What a wonderful and amazing world.


***