Friday, July 24, 2015

Gabby Rates the Movies

See this. 
Last week my grand kids from Georgia were visiting.  While I was walking in the mall with my youngest, Gabby, who is seven, I asked her opinion about the summer movies.  She's somewhat of an expert.  Her exact words were:

Grandma, do not watch "Paul Blart, Mall Cop 2." It's the worst movie I've ever seen.
Don't see this. 

OK, got it.

Then she asked if I'd heard of a film called "Minions."  Of course I have.  It opened number one at
Minions are the key to
understanding this.
the box office a few weeks back.  But Gabby doesn't know or care about box office receipts.   She knows what she likes.  And it disturbed her that, a couple of years ago, I didn't sit through the entire showing of  "Despicable Me."  (I can't believe she remembers that.  She was five.)

In my defense, Gabby knows I have difficulty with animation.  But she didn't think that was the problem.  Here's what she told me in the mall last week.

Grandma, I don't think you understood the plot.  I think you should go see "Minions".  Then watch "Despicable Me" again.  You'll understand it better.  

Because Minions is the prequel!


***