Friday, October 3, 2014

Summer Movies

Did not love it!
You already know I love movies.  But, for the most part, not summer movies.  I like movies with depth and meaning and integrity and lots of dialogue.  So I always look forward to fall and the different variety of films on the way.  Can't wait for the new, more serious, less bloody fall movies to appear.

Here is a list, according to Entertainment Weekly,  of the 10 Best Summer Blockbusters of All Time.

Did not care for Forrest.
1.  Jaws - I saw Jaws by mistake.  Walked into the wrong theater.  I thought it was OK.

2.  Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope - While I "get" the Star Wars phenomena,  I saw only the first one.  Didn't care for it.

3.  Jurassic Park - It was OK but the best part, for me, was the ironic Jeff Goldblum (and I liked him better with his old face.)

4.  The Dark Knight  - I know nothing about this movie.

Not fond of the Terminator.
5.  Raiders of the Lost Ark - Yes!  I loved it.  I loved the entire franchise.  I love all things Harrison Ford.  I have no explanation for this.

6.  E.T The Extra-Terrestrial - I'm probably the only person in the universe who did not like this movie.
Love this guy  Even when he's grumpy!

7.  Forrest Gump - I'm probably the only person in the universe who did not like this movie.

8.  Ghostbusters - To me it was just OK.

9.  Animal House - No!  Absolutely not.

10.  Terminator 2:  Judgement Day - Never heard of this movie.

Are these your Best Summer Blockbusters of All Time?



***