Saturday, May 31, 2014

My First Flip Flops

David Palmer's $18,000
flip flops
This week I bought my very first flip flops.  I decided years ago I'd never wear them.  Much like I decided I'd never have a microwave.

Flip flops have been around for 4,000 or so years.  The Egyptians liked them and some of theirs were even bejeweled.  They became popular in this country after World War II.  Who would have thought that we'd copy the Japanese so soon after the war?

By the 1960s they were urber popular.  Remember those lady soccer players who got some bad press for visiting the president in their flip flops?
My $9.95 bejeweled
flip flops

The most expensive flip flops were designed by David Palmer and you may have a pair for $18,000.

I was motivated to buy mine because I was tired of ruining my sandals walking back and forth from the pool.  But, to my surprise, I love them. With cushioned soles, they're comfy.  And they're bejeweled.  And (the best part) I bought them for $9.95 at Walgreens.




***