Saturday, May 17, 2014

Agenda Kissing

Dave and Cess Kissing
I'm not a big, indiscriminate, kisser.  Or  hugger.  Part of the reason is just that I'm a private person.  In my big public speaking years and my big "Minister's Wife" years, lots of strangers tried to hug and kiss me.  I didn't like it.  I'm not crazy about "agenda" kissing.  For instance, political kissing.

I like kissing my friends and I LOVE kissing my family.  And I LOVE, LOVE kissing Dave.

Mike Bianchi, the excellent and most times hysterically funny, sports writer for the Orlando Sentinel, gave us a good example of "agenda" kissing this morning.   He was writing about Michael Sam, the first openly gay player, kissing his boyfriend in public upon hearing the news that he'd been drafted into the NFL.

This could have been completely loving or it could have been an "agenda" kiss because they're going to star in a new reality show on Oprah's network.

Bianchi goes on to share his top 5 greatest kisses of all time:

5.  Madonna kissing Britney Spears
4.  Sammy Davis, Jr. kissing Archie Bunker
3.  Michael Corleone kissing brother Fredo (the kiss of death)
2.   The iconic photo of a sailor kissing a nurse in New York's Times Square
1.  Hershey kiss.

All but one of these seem like "agenda" kisses to me.


***