Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Majesty Building - Update

Over the years, I've written a couple of times about my personal frustration with the Majesty Building on I-4 in Altamonte Springs, Florida.  Started well over a decade ago, it looms over everything.  It's the tallest building between Orlando and Daytona Beach.  I see it everywhere I turn.

 It bugs me. Why? Because it's dark and lonely.  It's nick names are "The Mistake on the Lake" and "I-4 Eyesore."

When my grandson, Ken, was a young teenager, he and his friend sneaked up to the top of the empty Majesty Building and dangled their feet over the side.  Scary to think about.  Since then, Ken has:


  • Graduated from middle school
  • Graduated from high school
  • Graduated from college
  • Found a great job
  • Been promoted
  • Bought a house
  • Had a couple of serious love affairs


But the Majesty Building is still unfinished.

***