Thursday, April 3, 2014

I Love My Camry

As you may remember, I drive a 2000 Camry LE.  It's a sweet ride.



In 2001 I was thinking I might need a car.  We had two older cars but my husband, Ken, was no longer driving so I, essentially, had a car and a spare.  We've always driven cars until they died because cars are terrible investments.

But then my son, Scott, who buys and sells all sorts of commercial real estate, bought a small used car lot on Orange Avenue, the main street going north and south in downtown Orlando.

I saw this as a sign from God.  Also, a short window of opportunity.

So I bought my little Camry with matching leather seats and sun roof.  It's now 14 years old so I hesitate spending any more big money on repairs.    So when the door handle broke in half the other day I was depressed.  We took it to the body shop guy who said the repair would be $213.00.

What to do?

Dave came home, got on the computer and found the exact matching door handle.  It arrived yesterday.  The cost was $8.95.  The body shop guy will install it on Monday at a greatly reduced price.


Sweet!


***