Wednesday, February 26, 2014

My Brother Paul

Paul and Fish.
Today is my brother Paul's birthday.  His daughter (and my writing mentor),  put this photo on her Facebook page this morning.  Since then it's been blowing up with birthday wishes - and Paul isn't even on Facebook!

He is well loved.

My niece reminded folks that Paul and I had a pretty awful childhood.  And we did.  But life has been good for both of us for a long time.  And, even more important, Paul has blessed the lives of everybody around him.

As you can see, he's a fisherman.  He's also, in his own way, a fisher-of-men.
Paul and Cess

The other photo is us as children.  You can see that my clothes are too small and his are too big (yes, he does have hands.)  The photo doesn't make me sad.  It makes me grateful for everybody and everything I have in my life.  Today that's specifically Paul.

If love was as valuable as cash Paul would be rich.  Oh wait - it is - and he is.

Happy Birthday, Paul


***