Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Afterthoughts

This morning I read an article about how the new marketing emphasis for Halloween is geared toward teenagers and young adults.

Universal Studios has an attraction called Halloween Horror Nights. Definitely not geared toward children. In fact, there was a big push to get the "Bloody Mary" billboards on the Interstate removed.

Last night at my son's house I didn't see any out of control costumes on the streams of kids who came by. (However, last year I did.) Scary is one thing but an ax in the head with blood dripping down the face is a bit much around preschoolers.

My son let people know that we didn't want to see any teenagers in costumes that would be described as "Naughty." I.E., Naughty Nurse, Naughty Nun, Naughty Princess Leia.

We had a fun G rated Halloween.


***