Monday, September 12, 2016

Forever 21

The Forever 21 store in my mall is huge.  It started out normal size but now covers a tremendous area, including two floors.  With all of the other dress shops available I wonder what the appeal is for Forever 21 to grow like this.

I figure there must be magic in the name.

Would you like to be "Forever 21?"  I led a discussion group of older ladies a week ago.  This was my opening question.  After a while, most of us decided no, we would not want to be 21 forever.

There were some great things about that age but I've met very few young adults who would describe themselves as having it all - and having life all together.

My current devotional book (that I am loving) is titled Pilgrimage into the Last Third of Life.  So it's about - approximately - ages 60 to 90.  Following is a quote:

Some people believe that life peaks at some point and has an upward and downward slope on either side.  

Years ago I had a friend who told her children to enjoy high school because they would be the best years of their lives.  I thought how sad for them.  And how sad for her because that must have been her own reality.

I believe that life is full of peaks and valleys.  Here's another quote from my devotional.  It's by Martin Buber.

To be old is a glorious thing when one has not unlearned what it means to begin.


***