Friday, August 12, 2016

Grapefruit, Oranges, Lemons, Limes

My Condo Pool
Every other morning since the middle of May I have walked to our condo pool to do water aerobics with my neighbors and friends.  We get a great workout.  It's one of the reasons I'm still strong and healthy.  I've done this almost every summer since about 1999.

Here is my latest success story:  I love McCormick salt and pepper grinders but I could never move the little tabs over to make the salt or pepper come out course.  When I looked up some instructions on the WWW, I found only a nice AlaskaGranny.com lady demonstrating how to replace the salt and pepper so you don't have to buy new ones.  That didn't help me but it will when my grinders are empty.

My problem was I wasn't strong enough to turn the tabs at the top from fine to course grind.

Finally, success!
At one place during a lull in our water aerobics we practice "opening jars" or "squeezing fruit" under water.  We sing "grapefruit, oranges, lemons, limes."   (We do this right after we sing "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" while swinging invisible bats through  the water and just before we do "The Twist.")   It's fun.

I bought our McCormick salt and pepper grinders in June and just a few days ago I was finally able to twist the tab to the correct position.  This makes me happy and I'm proud of my audacious grip.

You may think it's just coincidence.  I think it's "Grapefruit, Oranges, Lemons, Limes."


***