Thursday, May 26, 2016

Man Carving His Own Destiny

It is primarily the emotions called forth by a place of beauty which the artist must seek to convey to others.  - Albin Polasek



 Dave and I love the Albin Polasek Museum and Sculpture Gardens in Winter Park, Florida.  The gardens are loaded with all kinds of sculpture and the beauty of the place, even before you enter the museum, is overwhelming. But my favorite, by far, is this one titled "Man Carving His Own Destiny."  Not only is it beautiful but it reminds me to be proactive.

I've had some health issues the last few weeks and, as you know, navigating the health care/health insurance system is crazy-making.  But I keep reminding myself of this guy chiseling his own way out of his predicament.

And that's what I'm doing along with lots of help from other people. Because, of course, this guy couldn't have done it without Polasek.


***