Saturday, May 21, 2016

Derek Zoolander

Derek Zoolander
I'm pretty sure there's a lot more to life than being really, really, ridiculously good looking.  And I plan to find out what that is.  - Derek Zoolander

Moisture is the essence of wetness, and wetness is the essence of beauty.  Derek Zoolander.

Ben Stiller is a world famous actor/director.  I used to love his mom and dad,  Jerry Stiller and Ann Meara, do stand up comedy.

A while back, Ben Stiller created this crazy character, Derek Zoolander.  He's the opposite of Ben.  Derek is ridiculously good looking and Ben is not.  Ben is smart.  Derek is clueless - but full of self confidence.

Here are a few Q & As from Vanity Fair's interview with Derek Zoolander.

What is your greatest fear?  Being torn apart by a werewolf.
Ben Stiller
Or wrinkles.

What is your greatest extravagance?  Botox for my toes.  It's called "Toetox"  It's really big in Korea.

What would you say is your greatest achievement?  Being the first in my family to graduate from modeling school.

What is your most treasured possession?  I own a rare, pre-Colombian eyebrow pencil.

Who are your favorite writers?  Kiehl's and Neutrogena have really informative Twitter feeds.

I can't imagine Ben Stiller talking about himself this way. But I actually know some people like this.  And, like Derek, they don't know they are clueless.


***