Friday, April 10, 2015

Food Obsssion

I, like most other people, am obsessed with food.

My little brother, Paul, is having health problems.  I'm not one bit happy about it.  He's been having trouble eating but the last time I talked with him he was finally hungry.  So, instead of talking about his health,  we talked about what he'd like to have for lunch.

 I asked him to name all the things he likes to order from Steak 'n Shake.  One was vegetable soup.  I allowed as how I would not waste my time on vegetable soup at Steak 'n Shake.

Fortunately for me, my food obsession goes well with my numbers obsession.  I pretty much know how many calories go into my body each day.  This morning we went to First Watch for breakfast.  This is a wildly popular breakfast/brunch/lunch restaurant with 100 restaurants in 15 states.  On weekends the line is always out the door.

First Watch does have some items on the menu that are good for you.  I saw one titled "Not Guilty, Your Honor" but I don't know what it is because I'm not interested.  (It's kind of like ordering vegetable soup at Steak 'n Shake.)

Tri Fecta at First Watch

Dave and I had the Tri Fecta.  Yummy.  Two eggs, two slices of thick bacon and one giant banana, granola pancake with butter and syrup.  The calorie count on this thing comes in between 12 and 15 hundred calories.

We split it - but I still have a stomach ache.  And that's a good thing because I have very few calories to waste for the rest of the day.


***