Monday, April 20, 2015

Fascinated With Names

Yesterday at church the members of our 2015 Confirmation Class were officially brought into the church.  We had 61 boys and girls, approximately 11 to 12 years old confirmed at three different services. 

It was thrilling to see these beautiful children, having come through many weeks of learning and growing spiritually, stand before us.  

As I looked down the list of 61 names I tried to find similarities.  Usually there are some but I saw only one theme this time.  

I've shared before that the year my son Scott was born - many other Scotts were born.  In our Forum class, with members all close to my age, there are four Davids.  

There were no Scotts or Davids on yesterday's confirmation list.  There were several biblical names, including two of my favorites, Elizabeth and Paul.  There were two girls named Grace.  While not a biblical name as such, Grace has a deep spiritual meaning.  

There were old fashioned names like Isabella and new names like Rees (a common Welsh last name but an unusual first name).   But, as I said, only one trend.

There were four Peytons!  Now what caused that?




***