Friday, November 21, 2014

Wendy's

I've mentioned before that my choice for a "last meal" would be Wendy's chicken sandwich (the big fat one, not the one dollar special,) with fries that I would dip into a big ol' Frosty.

But, for the last few years I haven't been to Wendy's.  Not because it's not good for me but because Dave can't handle it.  He's not opposed to the food, it's the ambiance that gets him.  He can't handle the looks of the place.  Wendy's restaurants are pretty much beige, square boxes.  As an architect and artist, he is not amused.

So I 've been in solidarity with Dave and just hoped for a miracle some day so that I could have some decent chili.  And then the miracle happened.  A couple of months ago they tore down our neighborhood Wendy's.  What next?  This week the brand new architecturally interesting Wendy's was unveiled from behind the fence.  What a change.

We're going as soon as the crowd thins.


***