Friday, November 14, 2014

Aruba

Aruba, Jamaica, ooh I wanna take ya
Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty mama
Key Largo, Montego,
baby why don't we go,
Jamaica.  -  Kokomo, The Beach Boys

Three weeks ago we spent the day in the capitol city of Aruba....Oranjestad,

Some folks might see this as a dream come true, the epitome of a tropical paradise of beaches and shopping, but I live in the epitome of a tropical paradise of beaches and shopping so I'll say it was "pleasant."

Aruba is noted for luxury shopping.  But, as you know, I'm not a shopper.  We cruised around in "the big pink building."  More jewelry stores than I'd ever seen in one structure.

The big pink building
In one store I tried on a ring just for fun.  Dave said "let me buy it for you."  But I lovely replied:

"Are you crazy?!"

Later on we boarded our ship to sail to another paradise.  But Dave and I enjoyed the ship as much as the ports.  I love Holland America's nickname.

For the Newly Wed and the Nearly Dead.

Because Dave and I are kinda both.


***