Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Malaysia

There is a counter on this blog that tells me how many folks are reading and where in the world they are.  For some reason, a number of folks in Malaysia are reading.   I don't know why but I'm grateful. Enjoy!

What do I know about Malaysia?  It's  a beautiful, progressive country, shaped a little like Florida but on the other side of the world.  It's below Thailand and above Singapore.  Malaysia has a growing economy.  It's multi ethnic and multi cultural.  Islam is the national religion but all religions are respected.

The capital, Kuala Lumpur, is stunningly beautiful.  I'd love to see it up close and personal.

But here's my very favorite thing about Malaysia.  Dave was born there.  He was born in Kuala Lumpur but lived in Ipoh.  His parents were missionaries who ran the Methodist School Compound in Ipoh.

Dave loved those first six years of his life in Malaysia.  (Back then it was Malaya.)  But then he was shipped off to boarding school kindergarten in India.  I think his Malaysian experience helped to give him an interesting world view.

I'm grateful.


***