Monday, December 9, 2013

Temperture's Risin'

Much of the nation is suffering from the Big Chill.  Dave's hometown, Minneapolis, is minus four degrees.  Planes can't land in many parts of the country.  People can't get to work.  Lots of car crashes on the highways.  Several thousand folks in Denver were without heat last night due to an ice storm.

The NFL is suffering, with players slipping and falling on the field even before other players smash into them.

I know that folks in this country and other parts of the world are freezing their socks off so I thought I'd share our weather problems with you to let you know we're in solidarity.  We're suffering too.

In a word, it's HOT down here.  How hot is it?

  • I left the house in short sleeves and sandals this morning.  I don't do that even in the summer.
  • Residents at my condo are using the pool.  Normally we use the pool in the summer months and leave it to our house guests this time of year.  
  • In the Saturday morning Christmas Parade Santa and Mrs. Claus were sweating. 
  • I didn't see one Christmas sweater in my church yesterday.  


You'll be relieved to know that the next big national chill, coming in two or three days, will affect us.  We could dip down to the 70s.  Till then, if you live in Florida, drink plenty of water and stay in the shade.


***