Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Elliptical Torture

In my endless endeavor to not get chunky around the middle, I'm always looking for new things to do at the gym.  It's not that I want to look like Helen Gurley Brown who died at age 90 weighing the same 100 pounds she weighed her whole adult life and looking like a cadaver the last ten years.  I was never a Cosmo Girl.

But I do want to stay active and healthy.  My friend started using the Elliptical after her doctor suggested it.  She's getting great results but it's a real torture machine.  It's also deceptive.  It looks like fun.  And it feels like fun for the first 30 - 40 seconds.  Then it's murder.

Last time I talked with my friend she was up to 45 minutes on the Elliptical - and she'd lost weight.   I started a couple of weeks ago and am up to six minutes.

Don't know if it's working yet but it burns calories like crazy so that's motivating.


***