Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Appreciating the Little Things

Oak Harbour
No, life is disastrous, painful moments, unexpected moments and things that will break your heart.  And in between those moments that's where you savor, savor, savor.
-  Sandra Bullock in response to those who say "Life is so good."

I think I can agree with both Ms. Bullock's statement and the "Life is so good" statement.  To me, the trick is appreciating what's good on a daily basis.

This morning Orlando Sentinel columnist Scott Maxwell did his annual "101 Things We Love About Central Florida" Thanksgiving list.  It inspired me to do my own (much shorter) list of the little things in my life that make me feel good.  I'm not naming people because that list would be humongous.

I feel really good when I'm.......

1.  Eating a blueberry muffin at Panera's on Park Ave. on Saturday mornings.

2.  Walking past every single store and restaurant on Park Ave.

3.  Walking under the trees in Oak Harbour.

4.  Walking into the multicolored Mennello Museum.

5.  Doing water aerobics with the ladies.

6.  Sitting in the sanctuary of First United Methodist Church of Winter Park.

7.  Walking around Lake Eola, Lake Lily and Crane's Roost.

8.  Sitting in my living room early in the morning reading and eating an egg sandwich.

9.  Texting with family members.

10.  Listening to NPR and The Philips Phile in the car while I'm running errands.

11.  Attending the Enzian.

12.  Having catfish with beans and greens at Cracker Barrel

13.  Leading a lunch time discussion group and having the truth emerge from the group over and over again.

14.  Reading one good book after another.

15.  Eating kettle corn from the Winter Park Farmer's Market.

16.  Writing this blog.


***