Sunday, February 10, 2013

Florida Palmetto Bug

I think I've shared with you before that I read one time that when (or if) the world experiences nuclear war the only living things to survive will be cockroaches - and Cher!

Unfortunately, this isn't about Cher.  It's about our giant Florida Palmetto Bugs.  You probably know them by their other name, cockroaches.  They're the same thing only ours are bigger.

No matter what we do to keep them at bay, we occasionally encounter one or two.  Usually belly up.  That's good.  But, sometimes in weird places so you're really surprised.  That's bad.  And if you have company from someplace other than Florida, it's embarrassing.

For instance, we have a large, round table in our living room.  It's covered with a patterned skirt and a thick, heavy, heavy piece of round, clear glass covers that.

Yesterday I found a BIG cockroach under the glass!  Like he was being presented as a treasure!  How'd he get under there?  How long had he been there?  Who of our friends and family has seen him?

We don't know.

I wish I'd had the forethought to take a photo of him prior to us disassembling the table and getting him out but I've done the next best thing.  Below is a photo I took today of my golden spider pin sitting in the very same spot.


***