Friday, July 13, 2012

Happy Decade Birthday

On July 3rd Tom Cruise celebrated his 50th birthday.  Remember when 50 was old?  Tom looks great - but then so do my 50 year old kids.

Franklin Graham turns 60 tomorrow.  The AARP magazine quotes Franklin as saying he blames his feistiness on being bullied "as a preacher's boy."  I sort of question that.  But I'm sure being Billy Graham's son had its challenges as well as its perks.

Harrison Ford turned 70 today.  Hard to believe.  And on June 20th my favorite Beatle, Paul McCartney turned 70!  By the way, he was my favorite Beatle even when John was alive.

In an older Carl Hiaasen book I read recently, the hero, Mac Stranahan was tired of dating women he thought were age appropriate only later to discover they were younger.  So, he started testing them by asking them, from the get go, to name all four Beatles.

That's not much of a test.


***