Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The State of My Soul - Post Lent

As we've discussed before, Lent is the six weeks prior to Easter when we are to be introspective and soul searching.  This year was a particularly soul searching time for me.

I led a class every Wednesday that turned out to be one of the best I've been in for a while.  This is due to the content of the book we discussed and the content of the brains and hearts of the very smart and open, talkative folks sitting around the table.

All of my church's worship services were over top moving and wonderful, culminating with Easter Sunday morning worship finishing with the Hallelujah Chorus.

Hallelujah!

But, by far, the most joyous, moving Easter experience for me was attending an Easter Brunch where several of my friends got up on stage and tap danced to Frank Sinatra's "You Make Me Feel So Young."

To see these women, all 60 something, and some of them with serious health issues and other issues, tap dancing their hearts out, was more than I could take.  I had to excuse myself, go out into the hall, and have a little cry.

And, as you know, I never cry.

All this to say, as far as I can tell this morning, ten days after Easter...

 "All is well with my soul."


***