Monday, January 16, 2012

Ditch These Things

Yesterday's Orlando Sentinel ran an article by Deborah Netburn the "Savvy Shopper."

She listed 10 obsolete devices we need to get rid of immediately. Remember a couple of years ago when you stood in line to pay top dollar for these devices?  Fortunately, I never had any of these things so I'm OK.  However, I'm listing them for you so that you can trash them - because they are sooooo 2011!

The Flip Cam

The Portable DVD Player - I've seen folks on planes playing games with these but I usually just read a book.  (So 1700s)

Flash Drives - Thanks to "cloud computing" (whatever that is) you no longer need this.

GPS for your car.  We have no GPS whatsoever.  Speaking of that, have I told you about getting hopelessly lost in downtown Atlanta and getting hopelessly lost in downtown Lisbon?

The Digital Camera

The FAX Machine

Netbooks 

PDA 

Voice Recorder - the smartphone has made all of the above obsolete.

CD Player - OK, I was happy to read about this last one because I love my Bose CD player.  Everybody is getting rid of their obsolete CDs so that's good for me.  I can buy CDs on Amazon and a number of other places for next to nothing.

As you know, I'm old school.


***