Thursday, March 10, 2011

Change is Hard

I've had many changes in my long life.  As a consultant and writer I had scores of "jobs."  As the wife of a United Methodist minister, I moved often, always to different cities, and changed churches each time.  As the mother of four children and now ten grandchildren, change is still happening.

Dave, on the other hand, lived his entire adult life in Minneapolis.  As an architect, he changed his work environment very little.  He married and raised children in Minneapolis.  He's lived in his house for 47 years  It's full of happy memories.

In just a little while his house is going on the market.  He says its time.  And it is.  But it's hard.  I like to think it has very little to do with me.

Yesterday, when we were walking - here in sunny Orlando - I said to him:

"I hope your neighbors don't think I seduced you into leaving Minnesota and selling your house."

He answered:

"You did.  And they do."


***