Monday, November 9, 2009

Men Who Stare at Goats

I was aware that, around the time of the Viet Nam war, the government was experimenting in psychic research. I knew the Stargate Program had something to do with clairvoyants. I know that there was some controversy about one of these clairvoyants predicting David Berkowitz (Son of Sam) would do the things he did. Berkowitz confessed 20 years later to pretty much what the clairvoyant had predicted.

It was with this teeny, weeny bit of knowledge that I was excited about seeing the new movie, "Men Who Stare at Goats." After all, it stars and was produced by George Clooney. He has credentials and a reputation to uphold.

And it also stars that cute as the dickens Ewan McGregor plus old timers Jeff Bridges and Kevin Spacey.

So Dave and I saw it on Saturday.

It was a mess. One of the worst movies I've ever sat through - and that's saying something. What was the plot? I don't know. What happened? Nothing. Is it a comedy? I'm not sure.

One reviewer wondered if it was directed by an 11 year old boy. I don't think so. The kid would have done better.

What were these fine actors thinking?


***