Monday, November 9, 2009

50 Years of Flops

As you know, I love my AARP magazine - and the AARP Bulletin. The latter has a list of 50 of Americas flops in the past 50 years. Following are a few of them that are especially meaningful to me.

Smell-O-Vision - Remember when a movie came out in 1960 that was going to revolutionalize our senses, not only in the movies but in all sorts of ways? The movie, "Scent of Mystery" stunk. End of story.

Susan B. Anthony Coin - I loved it but it was a total dud. As well as the dollar coins that have come along after it. I think it's because there's no little cubby for it in cash register drawers. They first need to get rid of the penny to make room for the dollar.

WIN - President Ford's 1974 buttons to help us Whip Inflation Now. I still have a bunch.

1982 DeLorean - What was he thinking?

Jell-O for Salads - With celery, mixed vegetables and tomato flavors. It was horrible.

Gerber Singles for Adults - 'nough said.

1975 Cher/Gregg Allman Marriage - I was telling somebody a couple of years ago about this marriage but they didn't believe it took place. It did. And didn't they have a son named Elijah Blue?

Geraldo Rivera Opening Al Capone's "Vault" on Live TV - (Yawn!)

1990 Cop Rock - A very bad drama/musical featuring singing and dancing police officers.



***