Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Blogging from Kenya


I'm in Minnesota for the summer enjoying myself. In the meantime, my church, in Winter Park, Florida, has sent out over a dozen mission teams this year.

There are several out right now but the one that's just been blowing me away on a daily basis is the young adult team in Kenya. Just think about it - busy young adults taking the time and money (yes, they have to pay their own way) to fly to Kenya to work like crazy for two weeks! It's a hard trip, one that I could no longer make.

And, for young adults who're not noted for attending church on a regular basis, two to three hour Kenya church services.

The trip was limited to 17 people. It filled up fast.

In their daily blog they're using phrases like "Emotional overload," "Beautiful people," and "Billions of people lack clean drinking water."

They love what they're experiencing - even the heartache. But these young adults, and others like them, are the ones who'll solve many of these world problems. I'm certain of it.

The great part for me is that I get to read their daily blog. I feel like I'm there with them - and in some ways I am.


***