Friday, July 24, 2009

Tell An Old Joke

Today is National Tell An Old Joke Day. But you probably already knew that and have been celebrating all day by telling old jokes.

No?

Well, I've got one for you. They say that all jokes stem from a couple of original jokes. One starts like "A guy walks into a bar..." The other starts like "A priest and a Rabbi..."

I'm not good at telling jokes. When I did "platform speaking" I liked to keep people laughing as much as possible but I didn't tell many jokes.

But here's one that you can use forever.

Sarah Jessica Parker walks into a bar. The bartender says, "Hey Sarah, why the long face?"

Joel Osteen walks into a bar. The bartender says, "Hey, Joel, why the long face?"

Barack Obama walks into a bar. The bartender says, "Hey Mr. President, why the long face?"

You get the idea. Now it's your turn.


***