Monday, July 27, 2009

Sea of Love


Come with me,
My love,
To the sea,
The sea of love,
I want to tell you
Oh, how much
I love you...

Last week we went to a friend's lake house in Wisconsin with three other couples. These are very old friends (I don't necessarily mean very old people) of my fiance's.

By the way, I don't like calling him my fiance. It's not a fun word like "boyfriend." I think I'll start calling him Dave.

Anyway, these people were friends of Dave and his late wife decades before I came on the scene. So it made what they did even more meaningful.

We were to meet that evening at the pontoon boat to cross the lake and have dinner at a little restaurant on the other side - like we'd done before.

But when Dave and I got in (on) the boat there was a fantastic, romantic dinner laid out. Complete with tablecloths and candles. Champagne was immediately uncorked, wine flowed and we headed for the middle of the lake where we feasted on gazpacho, smoked fish and other delicacies while they made toasts to our impending nuptials.

I'm not easily moved and I'm not emotional. But that night I was both. Big time.

Made me want to say them:

I want to tell you
Oh, how much
I love you...


***