Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Murder, She Wrote


My son has teased me for years - about everything under the sun - but mostly about getting older.

If I have to hang up the phone because I have a pressing deadline he'll say, "Yes, I know you can't miss your rerun of Murder, She Wrote."

Now Angela Lansbury, aka, Jessica Fletcher, the writer/sleuth on Murder, She Wrote, has become HOT!

On Sunday night she won her FIFTH Tony Award. Everybody knows the Tonys are the most prestigious awards. And the Tony Awards show is the most entertaining evening of television. Last Sunday night was the best!

Even that rocker guy getting hit over the head in the first number didn't bring us down. I agree with Neal Patrick Harris who said, "He gave a new meaning to 'head banging.'

But back to Angela. She was a movie star before most Americans living today were born. She was nominated for three Oscars and 18 Emmys. Oh, and she's won six Golden Globes.

She played the very creepy mother of Laurence Harvey in The Manchurian Candidate when she was younger than him in real life.

And now, at age 83 she's staring on Broadway again. This time in Blithe Spirit.

I don't know about you but I don't want to be doing eight shows a week when I'm 83 years old.

And I'm not crazy about Blithe Spirit - so maybe I'll try to catch up with Angela this summer by watching some old reruns of "Murder, She Wrote."


***