Sunday, December 10, 2023

Dante's Inferno

 

First, please know that I love my computer.  Currently, It is my window to the world.  And, second, please know that I love Apple Support.  And, third, remember that I have Meniere's Disease and cannot tolerate loud noise or bright lights.  

But, about ten days ago I lost my Wi Fi on my Mac.  That doesn't sound like the end of the world.  However, after several days of Apple support on my phone, they gave up and made an appointment for me at the Apple Store in the Altamonte Springs Mall. 

This turned out to be several trips.  I tried to keep good thoughts, primarily because these guys and gals are geniuses.  I was at the Genius Bar.  What could go wrong?

That's where the Dante's Inferno, first circle of hell comes in.  That first circle is Limbo!  I knew before going to the Apple Store the first time that I was stepping into trouble.  A couple of hours later I was fried and had to leave.  I could hear Johnny Cash's words in my head, "I fell into a burning ring of fire." 

The store is beautiful.  But it is brightly lit; the entire back wall is a screen.  The roar of the crowd is out the door.  I can't imagine anyone being comfortable in there, but they were.  It was jammed packed each time I went.  And each time it took several hours for me to calm down.  

But, finally, it was over.  And I'm back in my quiet home with my Mac. I survived Dante's circle.

Once in a while someone asks me if I'm considering having some kind of home help care. The answer is Yes!  I'd like to have an IT guy move in.


***