Sunday, March 8, 2015

Independence

If you know me,  you know I'm a pretty independent person.

I don't need help.  I'm fine, thank you very much!

This morning my minister, Gary, continued the Lenten sermon series titled "Giving Up Chocolate."  His topic was "Independence."  

Thanks, Gary.
He began by using his sermon as an example of his independence.  It's a one man job!  He was into about two minutes of explaining this to us when the entire choir got up in a huff and walked out!

Then the other two ministers walked out!  One of them was Gary's wife!

He soldiered on.  The lights went out.   Then the sound went off.

This bit of self deprecating humor - which Gary, although he's a quiet person, is very good at - made the point.   We need God.  We need other people.

"Even The Lone Ranger had Tonto!"


***