Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Why Is Your Hair Brown?

Every time you tint your hair you dye a little. 

Normally, my hair is kind of brown with blond highlights.  That's normally - not naturally.  But right now it's a bit darker and some folks have taken notice.

Here's the scoop.  First off, let me ask you this question:  If you had only 30 minutes to live, what would you do?  I would dye my hair.  Because that waiting for the dye to cast is a long, long 30 minutes.  So last week while waiting I decided to wash some crystal pieces in the kitchen sink.

Not knowing a piece was broken I plunged my hand into the soapy water.  Immediately the bubbles got bloody.  I wrapped my hand in several paper towels and thought about the most sensible thing to do.

I wanted to just continue to wash the crystal pieces until my 30 minutes were up.  But the paper towels were turning red.  I wished Dave was home but then realized he would only say:

Hey, babe, you need a band aid on that.

I was dressed in only my ratty old "hair dying" robe and my wet hair was covered in Suran Wrap so I guessed I'd better shower and dress just in case I was bleeding to death and had to call 911.

So that's why my hair is brown.  Only about 18 minutes with the dye!

After that I rewrapped my finger with a pile of kleenex while I put on some makeup in case I had to drive to the ER.  But the bleeding was slowing down.

So an hour or so later I put on big plastic gloves and finished washing the crystal.

Then I applied a band aid.


***