Sunday, June 22, 2014

Happy

Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth, burst into jubilant song and music.  Psalm 98:4

This is not Gary.  It's Pharrell. 
My minister, Gary, preached this morning.  While he's not a music professional, he preached about how music affects us in a very powerful way.  One of the examples he used was Pharrell Williams' song, "Happy."

Williams wrote "Happy" for the movie "Despicable Me 2," but it soon went viral.  People all over the world sing it - and it seems that most of them are on YouTube.  We saw a short video clip this morning of Oprah interviewing Pharrell and both of them teared up discussing the phenomena that is this song.

Do you remember a while back when those young adults in Iran got arrested for filming themselves singing and dancing to "Happy?"

Like me, Rev. Gary, is a left-brain person.  I'm not very sentimental, I seldom cry and I'm logical to a fault.

But the right kind of music can destroy me....in a good way.  


***