Saturday, October 5, 2013

Winter Park Farmer's Market

I've been going to the Winter Park Farmer's Market most every Saturday morning for decades.  As you know, I like to complain about the double strollers and designer dogs, but they're actually not a problem.  It's all entertaining.  Here are a couple of sights we caught today.
Seminole Dog



This dog is totally ready for the Florida State game to be played later today.  Including cool sunglasses.





Turkey for Breakfast


This food truck is always here and always popular.  I can't imagine turkey legs for breakfast but that's just me. (Maybe they serve other things as well.)







Two Bunnies
I sat down on the steps to wait for Dave and then noticed a guy in front of me talking on his phone.  His two pet bunny rabbits never left his side.  A little girl sat down, took one of the bunnies into her lap, then tried to take a photo with her cell phone.  The man took her phone, took the photo, handed her phone back, and never stopped talking on his own phone.

Pop Corn
This women, decked out in expensive biking gear and riding an expensive looking bike, had her priorities straight.  She was loading up on kettle corn.  I, myself, loaded up right behind her.  It's popped right there in a big vat containing a small amount of oil.  Then a small amount of salt and sugar are added.  Delish!  If I could name the top things that have helped me keep a healthy weight over the years, this kettle corn would be high up on the list.



***