Monday, May 27, 2013

Montreal's Hotel 10

My New Pink Hoodie
Old and New Architecture
When we decided that, at the end of our cruise, we would stay in Montreal for a few days Dave got on the computer to find a hotel.  He went to one of those bargain sites.  One of those that don't tell you what hotel you're booking until after you've booked.  Scary!


Lobby
Our Room
Distorted Mirror
Dave zeroed in on the location he wanted, he chose a 4 - star hotel, a range of prices and the number of nights.  Then - Click!

Up popped Hotel 10.  We liked it.  But everybody our age would not like it.  It's definitely a hipster hotel. Edgy.  Contemporary.  Dave loves contemporary.

When we registered Dave said to the desk clerk...
Atrium
I read all the comments about the hotel, almost all very positive but there were a few negative comments that concern me - and I'll bet you know what I'm talking about.

The clerk (who looked exactly like Jude Law) replied, "Yes, we'll try to find you a quiet room."  And they did.

At the corner of Sherbrook and Saint Laurent, the location is good.  If you walk one direction on Saint Laurent it's about two miles to the river.  And you pass through restaurants, theaters, China Town, and then reach Saint Paul, a street full of tiny old shops and outdoor dining.

If you walk the opposite direction on Saint Laurent you will pass restaurants and shops for blocks on end.

Hipster Rihanna Leaving Hotel 10
At 5:00 P.M. on the day we arrived we had wine and played cribbage in the atrium next to the lobby.  Not much happening - only two other couples in the room.  (But defiantly hipsters!)

But the next day when Jude asked us how we slept, he said that there were 1,300 people in the atrium until closing at 3 A.M.  All hipsters, I'm sure. I kinda wish I'd gone down there so I could show off my new pink hoodie.

By the way, our super saver room rate was $87.00 per night, plus the extras.  Way, way lower than the regular rates.


***