Thursday, June 28, 2012

We're Back!

Just returned from our three week trip to the Baltic - starting and ending in London. We left a cool and rainy London yesterday morning knowing we'd dry out today in sunny Florida.  But guess what?  We were greeted at the Orlando Airport by tropical storm Debby.  Felt bad for all those Brits on the plane heading for their Disney vacation of a lifetime.

And that's what we just had, a vacation of a lifetime.

I was with my Power Rangers a couple of days before we left.  One of them, Julia, (one of my favorite writers)  had just returned from her cabin in North Carolina.  She'd written while she was there that she had a bad case of poison ivy so when I saw her I said,

Did it take an ocean of Calamine Lotion?

Julia didn't know the song, "Poison Ivy" so didn't have much of a response.  But just before we left for our trip she sent the following e-mail:

I hope your trip is wonderful.  To continue your little poem about about oceans of poison ivy lotions on Wed.  I'll just say I hope that there is not too much motion in the ocean and you cuddle in a notion of devotion and partake of every country's wine of love potion. 

And we did.

If you want to read more of Julia's writing, look up my blog posting for 5/18/09 titled "Florida Crackers."  She gives the best definition.  She knows because she is one.

***