Saturday, October 22, 2011

Lobster Festival

Last night we walked to the Autumn Festival at St. Mary Magdalene's Catholic Church - as we do every year.  It's a big deal.  It's much like a county fair.

We looked at all the eating places.  Dave wanted a chili dog.  I wanted a lobster.  They cook up these big lobsters right in front of you.  At $12 each, they sell out fast.  Last year I missed out. 

My lobster came with a big wooden stick - the only thing available to get the meat out.  I began beating on it and, of course, the lobster juice sprayed everywhere, including all over my clothes, in my hair and all over my face.  It took me 20 minutes to wrestle all of the yummy meat out.  The toddler who shared our table was highly amused. 

Afterward we walked around among the hoards of other folks and rode the Ferris Wheel.  We watched the ladies frying up Snickers bars and Dave thought about having one - but didn't.

Then we walked the 8 or so blocks back home.  All the while, I was sticky from head to toe.

But it was well worth it.  I can't wait for next year.


***