Friday, October 28, 2011

The Ides of March

We saw "Th Ides of March" a couple of weeks ago.  I like politics.  I like George Clooney.  I wasn't bored. 

But I had a hard time with the movie.  Very cynical.  Clooney produced, directed and co-stared so I was expecting some new thoughts. 

Some reviewers called it original.  I didn't see anything original in it. Haven't we all seen this in real life?. Here's a key:

The part of the really good looking, charismatic, smart, full of excellent values and ideas with only one flaw - played by George Clooney...............Bill Clinton.

The part of the young, idealistic slightly naive campaign manager - played by Ryan Gosling.........George  Stephanopoulos.

The part of the smart and beautiful but conniving intern - played by Evan Rachel Wood..............Monica Lewinsky.

Come on - what's original about it?


***