Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Willie's On My Mind

Willie Nelson was in the paper today. He's facing jail time for pot possession. This makes no sense to me because Willie's been smoking pot every day for 60 years and everybody on the planet knows it.

But then I, myself, like to occasionally give Willie a hard time.

Yesterday I listened to one of my favorite Willie Nelson CDs while I trimmed the Christmas tree. One of the most beautiful songs he's ever sung is "You Were Always On My Mind." But the message is:

Sorry babe, I couldn't take you to your chemo treatment, 'cause I had a gig in Amarillo. But it's OK 'cause you were on my mind.

And don't get me started on "She's a Good Hearted Woman In Love With a Good Time Man."

But Willie's done some wonderful things in his long life and seems to be a congruent person. And I love his voice. So I hope he gets out of this latest jam.

P.S. Do you remember years ago when Willie had a line of clothes at K-Mart? Of course it failed because who in the world would like to dress like Willie Nelson?





***