Sunday, November 7, 2010

SPANX for the Memories

Do you know what Spanx are?

They're what we used to call in the 60s - girdles. Only Spanx are a girdle on steroids. If girdles are your 3rd grade math teacher, Spanx are Albert Einstein.

One night, on one of our many trips, we had a glass of wine with two older, very overweight, very funny, lady professors. One was a frequent guest on her local NPR station. I asked what she usually spoke about and, before she could answer, her friend told us a hilarious story she shared on the air about trying to get into her Spanx the first time.

In some department stores they show a little video of tons of celebs jabbering about how they love their Spanx. Unlike girdles, they come in all styles. Your Spanx can cover you from chest to knees or any one of those special parts.

So guess what Dave bought me? Yes, he went, all by himself, to Dillard's where he and the male sales person got their heads together and, entering my height and weight on the chart on the back of the carton, came up with the Perfect Spanx for Cess. Yes, he loves me that much.

How romantic is that?

I wore my Spanx today. Those of you who saw me probably noticed.



***