Monday, April 7, 2008

I'm Still Sharp as a Tack

I've always prided myself being observant. When I walk into a room I notice everything. I know what people are wearing and am sensitive to their moods.

Nothing gets by me.

There's a young woman that I've gotten to know in the last couple of years by being in classes with her. She's sharp and funny.

A few weeks ago we were meeting and she mentioned to the group that she wasn't up to par that day. "But I guess it's just because I'm so hormonal."

I immediately began wondering what the problem was. Others in the group didn't pick up on it but I knew that she was too young to be menopausal - so something must be terribly out of kilter.

At the break when we were standing at the refreshment table I expressed my concern.

She laughed and patted her protruding belly. "Haven't you noticed? I'm pregnant."

I looked down. Yep, she was pregnant. And obviously had been for a while.



***