Sunday, October 11, 2015

Great Expectations!

We're hosting a huge, exciting conference at our church, First United Methodist Church of Winter Park, starting on October 22nd.  It's for people over 55 years old, a fast growing demographic.  It's not just for us, it's for everybody over 55 who's looking for a big, meaningful life. If you're interested, look up our church and get the scoop.

If you do, you will find a three minute video featuring Dave and me and some other people, telling you about the conference.

Do you have some Great Expectations about your future?

In the year 2000 I was caring for my extremely ill husband, Ken, pretty much 24-7.  During that time I wrote the following in my journal:

Nuremberg
Someday I'd like to travel to big cities all over the world where the weather is cool but not cold.  I'd like to meet and have discussions and meals with interesting people from around the world.  
Amsterdam

The bad news is that Dave and I won't be attending the Great Expectations Conference.  The good news is that, on October 22nd, we will fly to Budapest.  From there we'll board a Viking Longboat and cruise up the Danube and the Rhine rivers, all the way to Amsterdam.

Did I know, in the year 2000, what the future held?  Of course not.  But in 2004, after Ken died, even in the midst of tremendous grief,  I continued to write about my expectations for the future.

I didn't know there would be a Dave in it.  But I did re-up my passport!

***