Thursday, September 5, 2013

Our New Kitchen

Dining Room Table
I am so discombobulated.   I get up in the morning, get my big yellow cup from the dining room table, then go to the kitchen to get 2 tea bags from the cupboard, then to the bathroom to fill my cup with water, then to the microwave that sits atop a chest of drawers in the bedroom to brew my tea.

This is no way to start the day.

But we're in the middle of a kitchen re-do.  I wasn't ready for this.  I was perfectly happy with my little 26 year old kitchen.   But then the dishwasher broke - and that started the re-do cycle.

It's a small kitchen so we were assured it would be finished fast.  It stared ten days ago and there are no signs of finishing.

I've just read an excellent book titled "What the World Eats."  It not only tells us what folks around the globe eat but how they prepare it.  And for much of the world it's a difficult task due to questionable water, no electricity and so on.  So I know how lucky I am.
Where's the Can Opener?

But, on the other hand, you know that I don't handle chaos well at this point in my life.  Also I have my routines and they don't involve eating peanut butter straight from the jar and then being tempted to lick the spoon clean so I won't have to walk down the hall to wash it.

And - I can't believe I'm saying this - I'm even getting tired of eating out.


***